Friday, May 12, 2006

DMOZ

Have you ever browsed Google's directory for geocaching sites and been curious where these listings originate? Have you ever wondered why some websites get spidered by Google and others do not?

The answer to these questions is DMOZ Open Directory Project. "The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web. It is constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors."

Just recently, I've been selected as a volunteer editor for the category Recreation/Outdoors/Geocaching/Personal_and_Team_Pages. To help build this category, I have been adding and reviewing some of the geocaching blogs that I'm aware of and read, but I need your help. If you know of another good geocaching blog or geocaching-related personal web site, please let me know by suggesting it to the directory using the link below.

In addition, I will soon begin adding many more XML links to correspond with blog sites that provide RSS or ATOM feeds. If your site provides a valid XML link to your content, please suggest that URL as well.

Suggest a Site
 

No comments:

Post a Comment