Saturday, February 18, 2006

Advertisements

Over the past few months, this site has been one of an ever-shrinking minority of sites on the web still not hosting Google Ads. Sadly, the time has come for Adventures in Geocaching to join forces with Google to advertise-the-heck out of the Internet. For this reason, I am now going to incorporate Google Ads and a Google Search in the footer at the bottom of this site.

I have chosen this location for two reasons. First, it's at the bottom and won't interfere with the site's normal visitors and activities. Second, if these Google Ads work as they are intended by supplying content-related advertising, I want readers to see the entire page of content before they encounter an ad trying to steal them away from the content. Please know that I will try to avoid having advertisements placed inside actual page content or the RSS feeds.

In addition to these two additions, I will be making several changes to this site's template over the next few weeks. Once all of the changes are made, I'll be sure to let you know what they are and how I did it.

With all of this in mind, I give you.... Google Advertisements!!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment